At Evolutionary Tutors, our vision is to revolutionize the way students receive education and empower them to think critically and creatively. We believe that every student has unique needs and learning styles, and it is our mission to provide customized tutoring services that cater to those needs.
A crucial step in achieving our vision is to recruit the brightest and most passionate tutors around Australia and arm them with the tools and skills to help students achieve their dream academic goals and prepare them for life after high school. We've created this Tutor Training Guide as the first step on your journey to becoming an exceptional tutor.
Our team is dedicated to delivering personalized and engaging tutoring sessions that not only boost academic performance, but also foster a love of learning. By utilizing leading tools and teaching methods, we strive to create a dynamic and interactive learning environment that fosters growth and achievement.
Our ultimate goal is to not just help students succeed in school, but to empower them to become curious, confident, and compassionate individuals who are ready to tackle the challenges of the future.
As a tutor, it is important to consider your motivation for joining Evolutionary Tutors and wanting to help students succeed. Are you passionate about a particular subject and want to share your knowledge with others? Do you enjoy the feeling of seeing a student's face light up when they finally understand a concept? Or perhaps you have had a positive experience with a tutor in the past and want to pay it forward.
Whatever your reason may be, it is important to hold onto this motivation as it will serve as a driving force in your work as a tutor. It can also help you stay focused and motivated when faced with challenging situations or students. Take some time to reflect on what your motivation is for being a tutor and let it guide you as you powerfully support students to achieve their goals.
Being a great tutor starts with asking why.
In this training, we'll guide you through the following topics:
* Chapter 1 - 3: 3 Scientific Learning Strategies to make you an effective tutor 📗📙📘
* Chapter 4: What high performers do that other student's don't 💡
* Chapter 5: How to communicate with students and parents 🤝
* Chapter 6: Setting yourself up for success in your first call and first lesson 🙌
* Chapter 7: What the best tutors do 🙋
* Chapter 8: Your KEY responsibilities as an Evolutionary Tutor 🌟
* Chapter 9: An opportunity to contribute to our shared pool of tutor notes and resources (which you also have access to!) ✍️
* Chapter 10: Our Training Feedback Survey - we are always looking for ways to improve our training materials and your feedback is INVALUABLE! 🙏
We will be quizzing you at the end of each chapter, so please pay attention 😉.
Let’s get started!