Tutor Cruncher is the online learning portal you will use to record lessons with your students and receive payment for your lessons.
You will receive your log-in details upon being hired. You can sign in to your account here: https://secure.tutorcruncher.com/evolutionary-tutors/login/
1. Click on ‘My Jobs’ on the left hand side of your Tutor Cruncher portal.
2. Click on the relevant job (this will automatically appear once you accept a new client).
3. Click ‘Add new lesson’ and fill in the relevant details.
4. After the lesson is complete, log back in, go to ‘My Jobs’, click on the relevant job, find the lesson that you just completed, and click ‘Mark Complete’ at the top. A report screen will then appear – this is optional, but it is a good idea to fill in if you have younger students.
IMPORTANT: If you don’t click ‘Mark Complete’, the lesson won’t be recorded correctly.
You must click ‘Mark Complete’ before the Sunday night payment deadline, otherwise you won’t be paid until this has been done.
For example: If you have a lesson on Wednesday which you don’t record/don’t click ‘Mark complete’ until the following Tuesday, then you won’t be paid until the next Sunday night.
Please do NOT click ‘set status to finished’ within the job. The only time you click this is when you will no longer be tutoring the student (e.g. they just finished their HSC).
It is best to record your lessons in Tutor Cruncher as soon as you have contacted your students and know when the lessons will take place.
You must record all of your lessons before Sunday night of each week and click the ‘Mark Complete’ button (see: ‘How do I record lessons?’) in order to be paid on time.
Please note that if you are recording lessons that have already occurred, the lesson will automatically be marked as complete (so you won’t need to log back in and click the ‘Mark Complete’ button every time).
Shortcut (for advanced users only):
This means that you could record all of your weekly lessons at the end of the week and, provided you record them before the Sunday payment deadline, you will only need to log in once per week.
We use TutorCruncher to tell us what you do want tutor and what you don't want to tutor. If you ever want to change your tutoring preferences, please log-on to TutorCruncher > Dashboard > Scroll to 'Teaching Skills' and click the 'notepad and pen' icon.
To add subjects: click add subject and choose ATAR as your teaching level and submit.
To remove subjects: click remove subject and submit.
You will be paid on Sunday night for any lessons that took place (and which you correctly recorded) in the previous week. You will also receive a Payment Order via email, which is a record of your payment. A list of your past Payment Orders can also be viewed in Tutor Cruncher.
Please allow up to 3 business days for the payment to appear in your bank account. If payment takes longer than 3 days, please contact us ASAP.
We will call/text you directly every time we have a client for you. We expect a same-day reply (within 24 hours) or we will allocate the client to another tutor.
1. Call them on the same day (we will pass on their contact details to you via text.)
P.S We absolutely love tutors who call asap. If they don’t answer (they probably won’t), then leave a voice message and a text (no one looks at their voicemails). If you haven’t heard from them within 24 hours, leave another text message.
2. Introduce yourself over the phone as an Evolutionary Tutor and ask how you can be of assistance to them/their child.
3. Organise a lesson day/time and a mutually beneficial location.
4. Text us on 0425 109 996 letting us know the lesson is organised.
5. Record the lesson in Tutor Cruncher (the job will automatically appear in your TutorCruncher portal once you accept the new client).
6. Lesson takes place.
7. Log-into Tutor Cruncher and click ‘Mark Complete’.
We will usually have students for you within 2-3 weeks of you being hired.
If a client cancels a scheduled lesson and does not give you at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the lesson taking place, then you have the discretion to charge them for that lesson and you will still be paid as usual.
If you need to cancel a lesson that you previously scheduled with a client, please notify them via call/text and give them as much notice as possible.
Next, log-in to Tutor Cruncher, click the relevant job, click the relevant lesson, then at the top click ‘cancel’ à ‘cancelled but chargeable’. If the client cancels a lesson but gives you more than 24 hours’ notice, simply click ‘cancelled’.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to charge a client for a cancelled lesson that falls within this policy,please also send them a text to notify them of this (they already know the policy, but it is good to remind them).
In your Tutor Cruncher portal, go to ‘My Jobs’, click on the relevant job, find the relevant lesson and then click ‘edit’ to change the day/time.